In-Home Lactation Consultation
Nursling offers in-home breastfeeding support and assistance to all mothers by a Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Jennifer Horne. Assistance is usually available within 48 hours of calling and will be provided in your own home.
Receive help with latch-on and positioning, and ask questions about breastfeeding. We have information to help you with…
- Your first days at home
- Returning to work
- Pump set up and use
- Sore nipples
- Supply issues
- Breastfeeding in public
- Nutrition & weight loss
- Introduction to solid foods
Home visits include:
- History of your labor and delivery and baby’s health
- Baby’s weight with a pediatric scale
- Breastmilk intake
- Observation of your baby and breastfeeding
- Assessment of your breastfeeding concern
- Hands-on assistance with positioning and latch
- Suggestions and advice including evidence based handouts and videos
- Written plan of care and visit summary which is shared with medical providers
- Access to IBCLC via a secure, HIPPA-compliant messaging app for follow-up questions and concerns related to initial consult for up to two weeks
- Superbill for possible insurance reimbursement*
To prepare for a home visit, try to have baby ready to feed within 1/2 hour of arrival of the IBCLC. If your baby is currently supplemented with expressed breastmilk or formula, please have a small amount of supplement available during the visit. If you need help with expression, please have the equipment set up and ready for use.
In-person support is provided by Jennifer Horne, an experienced IBCLC and CLEC. To learn more about Jennifer’s experience, visit About Us.
- In-Home Breastfeeding Visit. The first visit is usually 90 minutes. Additional charges of $10 per 30 minutes will be added past the initial 90 minutes. Visit includes a visit summary report with a detailed plan of care which will be shared with your medical provider. You will also have access to IBCLC via a secure, HIPPA-compliant messaging app for follow-up questions and concerns related to initial consult is included for up to 2 weeks. * $160
- Follow-up In-Home visit. This is for established clients only who are looking for follow up help to same concerns we addressed in initial visit or a follow up weighted feeding. $125
- Pumping Home Visit. During this 1 hour visit I will help you set up your pump and demonstrate how to efficiently pump. We will also review cleaning and storage guidelines. This is great to do before baby arrives! If additional counseling is needed on how to increase current pump output or if there are concerns over supply, the visit will be treated like a home visit at $160/visit. $100
- Video or Phone Consult. If you are looking for basic breastfeeding advice on how to solve common concerns we can set up a video chat via FaceTime or Skype or just talk over the phone. However, if your problem requires a more in depth intake and exam then we can set up an in home visit. $25 for 30 minutes
For all In-home visits standard travel rates per mile ($0.58/mile) will be added for travel outside a 10 mile radius of 92694 zip code.
At this time Nursling Lactation does not take insurance. A superbill can be provided upon request. It is the responsibility of client to submit superbill and any claim forms to insurance provider. Nursling does not guarantee insurance medical benefits for services and products rendered. Payment is due in full at the time services are rendered.